Terms & Conditions
Rocketlist Ltd t/a Scottish Whisky Competitions
Sawmill, Clarendon Park, Salisbury, SP5 3ES
Companies House Number : 13519878
PRIZE – The promoter may operate multiple competitions at any one time, each competition will have one specific ‘prize’.
QUESTIONS: The Questions which the Entrants must use skill or knowledge to answer correctly (in line with the answer held by the Promoters) to obtain an opportunity to win the Prize.
ENTRY: The correct answer must be submitted for each question, along with any fee due for the respective competition. Payment must be made in pounds sterling (also known as GBP or £) and can be made either by the entrant or on behalf of the entrant. Entries can also be made by the postal entry route outlined in section 4.8-4.9
ENTRANT: Any person who enters the Competition through the Website or free entry method see Para 4.8/4.9
WINNER: The Entrant chosen before or after the Closing Date who will receive the Prize in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. Proof of identity must be provided upon collection of the prize and MUST match that of the details provided when entering the respective competition.
MAXIMUM NUMBER OF ENTRIES : As stated on each product page –
Each competition will close once the maximum number of entries has been reached for the respective competition, and a draw date will be announced within 48 hours. The prize(s) may still be awarded at the sole discretion of the promoter if the number of paid entries at the time of closing the competition does not reach the Maximum Number of Paid Entries, but is nevertheless is deemed by the promoter as sufficient.
WEBSITE – www.scottishwhiskycompetitions.com
- By entering the competition via the Website, Entrants are deemed to have read and accepted these Terms and Conditions and agrees to be bound by them;
- Upon entering the Competition, all Entrants must submit all contact details as requested by the Promoter (which must include and not limited to valid e-mail address and phone number) which will be used for the following purposes:
- to notify the Winner that they have won the prize;
- to post the Winner’s name and town of residence on the Website
- All entrants are solely and completely responsible for providing and maintaining the Promoter with accurate contact details.
- The Promoter will be in no way liable for any failure or inability to make contact with any Entrant due to any errors or inaccuracies in the contact details provided by the Entrants.
- The Entrants and the Promoter recognise that the Promoter may use contact details and other data including personal data as defined by the Data Protection Act 1998 supplied by the Entrants to the Promoter to administer the Website and conduct the Competition according to these Terms and Conditions.
- The Entrants and the Promoter also recognise that the Promoter may (either by choice or at the request of a third party) also disclose this information to relevant third parties for the purposes of the prevention of fraud, money laundering, legal or other financial or regulatory reasons.
- The Competition is operated by the Promoter.
- The Competition is open for entry to all persons aged 18 or over excluding the Promoters, their family, professional advisers or anyone else connected with the development or operation of the Website or conducts administration of the Competition in any way, shape or form.
- By entering into the Competition, all Entrants acknowledge that their payment for each entry to answer the Question and thereby enter the Competition does not guarantee in any way that they will win the prize.
- The Promoter does not in any way guarantee the value of the Prize, it’s condition or roadworthiness at the time the prize is exchanged with the winning entrant.
- Only completed Entries which contain the correct answer as held by the Promoter will be entered into the Competition. Failure to answer any question correctly via the website will still result in any entrant being charged.
- As a condition of entering the Competition, Entrants must ensure that, by doing so, they do not contravene any laws of their country of residence. The Promoter will not be liable in any way if an Entrant enters the Competition unlawfully;
- The Entrants and the Promoter recognise that the Competition, its administration and all associated activities are governed by English Law and the Promoter and Entrants recognise that the County or High Courts of England shall have exclusive jurisdiction in the event of any dispute arising out of the Competition or its administration;
- The Promoter reserves the right to refuse or disqualify any entrant if it has reasonable grounds for believing that an entrant has contravened any of these terms and conditions or acted in a way that is reasonably considered by the Promoter to be illegal.
- All Entries will become the property of the Promoter on receipt and will not be returned.
- In answering the Question, the Entrant recognises that they must exercise skill, Knowledge and judgement to give the correct Answers;
- Maximum entries vary depending on each individual competition, each competition will state the maximum amount of entries permitted for any natural or legal person for each competition.
- To conclude an entry into the Competition, an Entrant will be asked to provide their contact details (including postal and e-mail addresses and a telephone number) and card payment details (for entry fee only). Once the Entry is submitted, the Entrant’s card payment will be electronically approved.
- The use of PayPal is restricted to persons over 18 years old and Mainland UK residents only
- When the Maximum Number Of Entries and/or the Closing Date is reached, the Competition will close.
- All Entries to the Competition are final and no refunds shall be made at any time or for any reason, except in the case of entries submitted after the Closing Date or if the Promoter cancels the competition.
- The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into about the result of the Competition following the determination of the Winner as described above.
- Each Entrant agrees that the usual requirement under the Consumer Protection(Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 for any goods and services ordered online to be supplied within 30 days will not apply to this Prize Competition.
- Free Postal Entry Route: –If you wish to enter any of our competitions for free by post, then you must send a letter or postcard via stamped post stating the following information:
- which competition you would like to take part in,
- the answer to the quiz question specific to that particular competition
- full name,
- your date of birth
- your postal address
- your email address, and
- your contact telephone number
- Your entry must contain the correct answer to the quiz question for the competition you wish to enter otherwise you will not be entered into the competition.
All details must be either typed or clearly written and any entries which are not legible or which contain incomplete or inaccurate details will not be entered into the competition. The decision as to whether entries are legible, complete and accurate will be at our sole discretion.
- Send entries to Scottish Whisky Competitions, Sawmill, Clarendon Park, Salisbury, SP5 3ES
- A maximum of one entry may be made per letter or postcard. If we receive one letter or postcard containing multiple entries this will not be entered into the competition.
All postal entries must be received before the published closing date and time of the competition you wish to enter. Any postal entries received after the published closing date and time or after all tickets to the chosen competition have been allocated will be entered into the next equivalent competition for which entries remain available. The decision as to which competition is equivalent will be based upon the cost of entries and value of prizes and will be at our sole discretion.
Entrants MUST have an active account on our website at the time the postal entries are received by us, and all details on postal entries MUST match the name and address on the account to which they are to be added.
- If we believe one person is attempting to enter a competition using multiple names and addresses all associated entries will be voided.
- Each winner’s first name and last initial will be published on the “Winners” page of the website. If you object to this, please let us know by emailing us at email@example.com or clearly stating this on your postal entry.
- Proof of posting or transmission will not be accepted as proof of receipt of an entry into a competition.
- All postal entries will be assigned a random ticket number for the specified competition (or an equivalent competition if the entry is not received in time). This ensures that they have equal chances of winning the main prize, runners-up prizes and instant wins as those who enter via the website.
- Those who enter via post will be able to see their name on the ticket list for a competition given that it is received with enough time to process the entry and adhere to the rules set out above.
- CLOSING THE COMPETITION
- If the Winner cannot be contacted by the Promoter within 7 days of being notified of their status as the Winner by e-mail, telephone, Facebook or mail via the contact details submitted along with their entry, then the Promoter reserves the right to then select an alternate winner, who will then have 7 days to accept the prize following the same routes of contact as the original winner. The original winner will have no claim to the prize after the alternate winner is selected.
- CONTEST/SELECTING WINNER
- The winning Entrant will be drawn live on either Facebook or YouTube
- The winner(s) will be picked at random using randomdraws.co.uk™ which produces true certified random numbers.
- Full details of the draw date/time will be confirmed once the competition has been concluded via Facebook and or our website. This decision will be made within 48 hours of the close of the competition.
- Entry lists will be displayed on our Website prior to any live draw on – www.scottishwhiskycompetitions.com – You will receive an email link to the list unless the competition closes near the draw time, if so no email will be sent but the entry list will still be uploaded.
- Draw numbers can be found in ‘My Orders’ in your account, and via the original order email. These will be the same as what is displayed on the Final Entry List.
- There will only be one winner per competition unless otherwise stated.
- A winner will be selected for each competition regardless of the number of tickets that are sold or if the minimum number has been hit or not.
- The Promoter owns any prize offered from the time the competition is live until successful handover is completed as outlined in section 6.3
- The Promoter does not imply or give any warranty or accept any valuation to the Prize or guarantee the roadworthiness in anyway shape or form. The Entrant must make up their own decision through their own enquiries and legal advice before entering the competition.
- The winner may be offered a cash prize as an alternative to the prize that they have won however they will always have the right to take the marketed prize.
- Collection of the prize is the sole responsibility of the winner, from the Promoter’s address unless otherwise agreed between the Promoter and the Winner.
- The winner will be required to provide proof of identity and proof of entry into the competition at the time that the prize is collected.
- The Winner also agrees upon acceptance of the prize that they are required to have photo(s) and/or video(s) documenting the awarding of the prize. Such imagery is owned by Rocketlist Ltd for use at their discretion, including but not limited to promotional purposes, both directly after their win and in any future promotional material.
- If the Competition is cancelled, the Promoter will return any Entry Fees paid to each Entrant (either by bank card refund or by cheque and in one combined payment where several entries have been made by a competitor or store credit). Where the Entry Fee is returned, the Promoter shall have no further liability to the Entrant or to any other person;
- Save for death or personal injury the Promoter will not be liable for any loss (including economic loss) suffered to or sustained by any person or property as a result of any act or omission of the Promoters, nor will their servants or their agents in developing, planning and Administrating the Competition, distributing the Prize to the Winner or following the distribution of the Prize; The Promoter accepts no liability for errors or omissions contained within the Prize details, description or specification or any other part of the Website. It is the responsibility of each Entrant (and in particular the Winner) to satisfy him/herself as to the accuracy of any such details and/or any content of this website.
- The Promoter will not be liable for any loss suffered by an Entrant as a result of incomplete entries or failed computer communications or for any loss suffered as a result of use of the Website.
- The Promoter do not accept responsibility for entries which they do not receive due to failures in computer systems, other malfunctions, high Internet traffic, hardware failure, software failure, server faults or any other reason.
- These competition rules shall not create or be construed as creating any form of contract, joint venture or other agreement between any Entrant and the Promoters.
- An entry shall be declared void (without any refund being given) if the entrant engages in: (a) any form of fraud (actual or apparent); (b) fraudulent misrepresentation; (c) fraudulent concealment; (d) hacking or interference with the proper functioning of the website; or (e) amending, or unauthorised use of, any of the code that constitutes the Website.